The table below provides information on rental charges and salaries in three areas of London
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The table below provides information on rental charges and salaries in three areas of London.
Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The table illustrates property rent per week in three different areas in London along with the salary which is required to afford to hire these properties.
Overall, the given information reveals that Notting Hill is the most expensive area as compare to other regions.
To begin with Notting Hill, the rent of the one-bed property is around £375, which increased by £110 for two-bed bedroom apartment and recorded about double for a three-bedroom house. To be able to afford this property person has to earn from £99,000 to £195,000 per annum. Coming to Regent’s Park, rent starts from £325, it increased to £450 and end by £650 for one, two and three-bedroom house respectively.
Furthermore with the salary requirements for Regent’s Park houses are, someone should earn range from £85,000 to £170,000. Finally, the property rent in Fulham is the cheapest as comparing the Regent’s Park and Notting Hill. The rent varies in between £215 to £600 for one, two and three-bedroom houses and salary requirements lies between £56,000 to £157,000 per year.
Read more related post :
- The table below shows the salaries of secondary/high school teachers in 2009
- The chart below shows the value of one country’s exports in various categories during 2015 and 2016