IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card
Describe a movie you that recently saw and that disappointed you.
You should say:
Why did you hate it?
What genre was the movie?
When did you watch it?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Table Of Contents
- Nowadays, there is so much content to watch online because of streaming websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple and so on.
- As there is so much choice, I am very selective about what I watch.
- In fact, I only watch something after reading the reviews.
When did you watch it? and What genre was the movie?
- Recently I watched a English movie, Avatar 2.
- It comes in the science-fiction genre.
- Its the sequel to the movie Avatar, which was released around 10 years back
- I watched Avatar with my parents at a multiplex in Jalandhar.
- I remember we all loved it so much.
- So, I had high expectations from the movie.
- This time my parents were busy, so I went and watched it with a friend.
- He was also really excited about the movie.
- We watched the movie on the day of its release.
- However, the movie was a big disappointment.
Why did you hate it?
- The main reason was that there was nothing different from the first part.
- Its storyline was also not as good.
- In the first movie, there was a constant thrill and excitement.
- My eyes were glued to the screen throughout the movie.
- However, this movie was a very slow.
- Nothing happened in the first half and the although there was action in the second half, it barely lasted 15 minutes.
- I think the main reason for my disappointment was my high expectations.
- I watched the first movie four five times, because I loved it so much.
- So naturally I was very hyped for the second movie.
- If I didn’t compare it with the first movie, it was not a bad movie.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “describe a movie you that recently saw and that disappointed you”.
1. What types of movies are popular in India?
India is big country and many genres are popular in our country. However, if I had a pick a few genres, I would say action, comedy and romance movies are the most popular. In recent years, science fiction movies and animated movies have also become popular because of improvement in technology.
2. Why are Japanese animation movies so popular?
I think its because of their storyline. I personally watch Japanese animation even as a adult and I find that their storyline is quite unique. Their stories appeal not only to adults but also children.
3. Does the older generation like animation movies?
Most elderly consider that animation is for children and thus they don’t give it a try. There are some really good anime movies and tv shows out there, which even the elderly would like if they try and watch them.
4. Do famous actors have an impact on movies?
Yes, certainly. Famous actors have a big fan following and some of their fans watch their movies even if they don’t get good reviews. I remember movies which became blockbusters despite average storyline because of the presence of famous actors.
5. Should famous actors be given extra money?
I think famous actors have a big role in increasing viewership and ultimately the profits a movie garners. So, I don’t consider their higher salaries unjustified. However, I also feel that the difference in salaries for the same role shouldn’t be hug.
1. Streaming websites
Websites that deliver data, usually video and audio content, to a user’s device in a continuous stream.
Nowadays, there is so much content to watch online because of streaming websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple and so on.
Careful in choosing; fastidious.
As there is so much choice, I am very selective about what I watch.
3. Science-fiction genre
A genre of speculative fiction that deals with imaginative and futuristic concepts such as advanced science and technology, space exploration, time travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life.
t comes in the science-fiction genre.
A published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
Its the sequel to the movie Avatar.
Photo by Jake Hills on Unsplash