IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The table below shows the salaries of secondary/high school teachers in 2009.
Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
Model Answer :
The table depicts the income of high school teachers of five nations. the values describe the starting salary and after 15 years salary.
Overall, the data in the table reveals that the teachers from Luxembourg as highest-paid teachers as compared to Australian teachers. On the other hand, Japan holds the first position in years to reach maximum salary.
To begin with Luxembourg, teachers received the highest salary at the start of career recorded 80,000 which is almost twice of the other countries. After 15 years teachers from Luxembourg might get 119,000, and the maximum salary of the teachers in that country is 132,000, but they required 30 years to reach this amount of salary. Coming to Denmark, teachers may receive 54,000 after 15 years, but the maximum salary remains the same even after eight years.
Furthermore, with Australia, Japan and Korea, teachers from Australia and Korea might get 48,000 as a salary after 15 years. However, Korea leads with 14000 in maximum salary from Australia, but Australian teachers get a maximum salary within nine years on the other hand teachers from Korea wait for a long time to reach the maximum salary. Moreover, Japanese teachers wait for 37 years to reach the maximum salary.
Read more related post :
- The chart below shows the value of one country’s exports in various categories during 2015 and 2016
- The table below shows the salaries of secondary/high school teachers in 2009
- The charts below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much
- The graphs indicate the source of complaints about the bank of America and the amount of time it takes to have the complaints resolved.
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004.