IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card
Describe someone you know who often helps others.
You should say:
What he/she is like?
How he/she helps others?
Why his/her help is beneficial?
And explain why he/she helps others?
Describe a person who helps others in his or her spare time.
Who is this person?
How often does this person help others?
How does this person help others?
Why does this person help others?
How do you feel about this person?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Table Of Contents
Model Answer 1:
In a world that can often seem cold and uncaring, it’s important to remember that some people still go out of their way to help others. These individuals remind us of the power of kindness and compassion and the impact that even small acts of generosity can have on the world.
Who is this person? and How often does this person help others? and How does this person help others?
One such person is my friend Rohit. Rohit is one of the most selfless people I’ve ever met. He has a kind heart and a gentle spirit and always seems to know just how to make someone feel better. He volunteers at a local food bank, where he spends weekends sorting donations and distributing food to those in need. He also organizes food drives and fundraisers to help support the food bank.
But Rohit’s kindness doesn’t stop there. He is always looking for ways to help others, whether offering a ride to someone who needs it or helping a friend move. The help that Rohit provides is incredibly beneficial. At the food bank, he brings a sense of hope and compassion that can be hard to come by for struggling people.
Why does this person help others? and How do you feel about this person? and Conclusion:
In his everyday life, Rohit’s small acts of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s day. He helps others because he truly cares about people. He has a big heart and wants to make the world a better place, one small act of kindness at a time. His selflessness and generosity inspire those around him to be kinder and more compassionate as well.
Model Answer 2:
- We live in a world that is full of people with different natures and attitudes.
- Some individuals find joy in achieving success, while others find bliss in helping others.
What he/she is like?
- Today, I would like to talk about one such person whose life motto is to help others and fight for human rights.
- His name is Prabloch Singh.
- He is in his early thirties and is tall and handsome.
- He has graduated in Computers and works with an IT company.
How he/she helps others?
- But after his work hours, he takes on the role of a superhero, where his mission is to help as many people as possible.
- He is also the founder of a human rights organization called Middle Finger Protests.
- His journey for human rights and causes started when he was very young.
Why his/her help is beneficial?
- He helped bring justice for the family of an air hostess who was murdered in a bar by an influential person.
- Even though he received many threats to his life, he continued his protests to fight for justice.
- His role was also portrayed in a movie called “No One Killed Jessica.”
- Similarly, he has led various other protests to bring justice to other victims.
- He also engages in a lot of charity and social work by organizing free food stalls and distributing clothes to the needy.
- He has been awarded at the national and international level for his contribution to humanitarian causes.
- He has also represented India as an ambassador for Human Rights at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- The best thing about him is that he is not afraid to fight for the right cause, even if he has to make many sacrifices.
- He is an inspiration for today’s generation.
- When I talk about him, I feel motivated that I should also give back to society.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “describe someone you know who often helps others”.
1. Do people nowadays help others more than in the past?
There have always been helpful people in every era, and they have used the means available to them to help others in need. However, I believe that people now have more means and resources to help others due to advancements in technology, which wasn’t possible in the past.
2. Who should teach children to help others, parents or teachers?
Both parents and teachers share the responsibility of ensuring that children learn to help others. Parents should serve as role models, and teachers can incorporate lessons and activities in schools to instill this value in children.
3. In what kind of professions do people help others more?
I believe that people in all professions have the opportunity to help others, either directly or indirectly through their products and services. However, those working in social/community service fields, such as NGOs promoting child education, women empowerment, and other social issues, often have more direct involvement in helping others.
4. Why are some people willing to help others?
People who are empathetic, sensitive, and compassionate are more willing to help others. These values are often instilled in them by their parents, teachers, and other influential figures during their upbringing.
concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one’s own.
Mother Teresa was known for her selfless devotion to helping the poor.
the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
A simple act of kindness can make someone’s day.
sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
The nurse showed great compassion towards her patients.
the quality of being kind and generous.
The billionaire’s generosity was evident in his large donations to charity.
5. Food bank
a non-profit organization that collects and distributes food to hunger relief charities.
Many families rely on the local food bank to help them make ends meet.
something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money.
The charity relies on donations from the public to continue its work.
an event held to raise money for a cause
The school held a fundraiser to raise money for new sports equipment.
favorable or advantageous; resulting in good.
Exercise is beneficial for both physical and mental health.
9. Human rights
The basic rights and freedoms to which all individuals are entitled.
Today, I would like to talk about one such person whose life motto is to help others and fight for human rights.
The quality of being fair and reasonable.
He helped bring justice for the family of an air hostess who was murdered in a bar by an influential person.
An organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.
He also engages in a lot of charity and social work.
12. Humanitarian causes
Causes that aim to improve the well-being of people and alleviate suffering.
He has been awarded at the national and international level for his contribution to humanitarian causes.
Read more cue cards :
- A happy memory from your childhood
- Describe a crowded place you have visited
- Describe a festival that is important in your country
- Describe a movie you that recently saw and that disappointed you
- Describe your idea of a perfect home or dream house where you want to live
- Describe a job that you think is interesting
- Describe a sports program you like to watch
- Describe an occasion when you spent time with a young child
- Describe a piece of clothing you wear most often
- Describe a valuable item that you would like to give as a gift
- Describe an occasion when you got incorrect information
- Describe someone you know who has recently moved to a new place
- Describe the game you enjoyed playing when you were younger
- Describe a popular person
Photo by Tim Marshall on Unsplash