IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The chart shows the unemployment situation in Australia in the year 2012.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The given graph illustrates the unemployment rate in rural and urban areas during 2012. the time aided into four quarters in a year.
Overall, the unemployment percentage has fluctuated sometimes. urban areas’ unemployment rate increases whereas rural areas’ unemployment rate decreases
Looking at the graph more closely, the two graphs show opposite moving trends throughout the year. 6.5% of people were unemployed in the first quarter, which was not only the highest rate of that time but about three times more than urban area unemployment rates. In the second quarter, rural area’s unemployment rates were decreased by 2%, whereas rates were increased by 2% in urban areas.
Furthermore, with next quarter, urban areas dipped to 2%, which was approximate, 3.5% less than rural areas. Afterwards, a negligible difference saw in both area’s unemployment percentage. People who live in cities and rural regions had almost the same unemployment rate of 4.7% and around 4.9%, respectively.
Read More :
- The table below gives information about UK independent films
- The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices
- The table below shows top ten countries with largest population in 2019, and how it is projected to change by 2100
- The charts below give information about the diet and general health of two groups of students
- The graph below shows the price of bananas in 4 different countries from 1996 to 2004