IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The table below gives information about UK independent films.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The table depicts data about sales of the ticket and independent movies released in the UK. The data is given in the form of a percentage.
Overall, drama and documentary based movies were released mainly, but the highest income came from comedy films because maximum people love to watch comedy movies.
As per the table, the most significant numbers of films were made in the Drama and Documentary categories. However, they earned only 8.3% and 2.9% of total ticket sales, respectively. Twenty-six comedy movies were released in 2012 that hold 45.4% of the total income from ticket sales. Moreover, 11 crime and action films were released that earned 8.8% of revenue from ticket sales. Likewise, the release of 5 romance movies only made 0.8% income.
Furthermore, with the rest of the categories, the biopic genre was the only flourishing category because one movie was released that earn 9.1% of income from ticket sales. 14 films released from horror type that was one more than thriller movies and about double of the other kinds of films and this income from the sale of horror movies was relatively higher than the thriller movies, at 20.2%.
Read More :
- The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices
- The table below shows top ten countries with largest population in 2019, and how it is projected to change by 2100
- The charts below give information about the diet and general health of two groups of students
- The graph below shows the price of bananas in 4 different countries from 1996 to 2004
- Statistics on young adults and how they spent their money in 2016 to 2017