The chart shows the information relating to people within 15-minute drive service
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The chart shows the information relating to people within 15-minute drive service in a particular region in UK. It also compares the people living in urban areas and people living in rural areas.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information given below.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
Model Answer :
The given bar graph compares the access to medical, educational and postal services by the city and countryside people in a specific region in the United Kingdom. Overall, it can be seen that almost all urban people are within the fifteen-minute drive to all these mentioned services.
Cent-percent urban and rural people have access to medical facilities. They are all within fifteen minutes drive to a doctor. Similarly, secondary school can be reached within 15 minutes by all residents of villages and cities. All city people have a post office in their propinquity. However, five per cent of villagers have to drive more than fifteen minutes to avail postal services. The biggest discrepancy lies in primary school facilities. Only sixty-five percent of villagers have a primary school within a quarter of an hour drive, whereas the remaining, approximately one-third inhabitants of the countryside have to drive their children to far-off schools.
Overall, the rural and urban communities have similar access to medical, postal and secondary school facilities but only about a third of villagers do not live close to a primary school.
More Bar Graph:
- The graphs below show four categories of citrus fruits and the top three countries to which these were exported (in thousand tonnes) in 2012.
- The graphs below show the average retirement age for men and women in 2004 and 2008 in six different countries.
- The graph below shows the percentage of dependents in 2000 and the predicted figures in 2050 in five countries, and also gives the world average.
- The graph below shows the average class size in six countries and compares it with the world average class size in 2006.
- The chart below shows information about the favourite subjects of 60 students from two schools, school A and school B.