IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Talk about a celebration organized after an achievement or describe a situation when you celebrated your achievement.
You should say:
What was the achievement?
When it happened?
How did you celebrate?
How you felt about it?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Model Answer :
- There have been a lot of minutes in my life where I have celebrated achievements, sometimes they were mine and occasionally even of the folks around me.
What was the achievement?
- one such celebration which comes to my head is when I was preparing for my entrance examination after my secondary school.
When it happened?
- It had been about five decades back.
- I remember this because it was a very crucial phase of my life.
- I needed to give my all India test to enter a fantastic college after my secondary school.
- I started to prepare for the exam during the previous year of my college life and gave lots much time towards all the topics.
- So the day came, and I took my exam.
- Outcomes were supposed to be declared two months from the date of evaluation.
- After the results were finally out; I came to know that I had got admission in the school of my choice.
How did you celebrate? and How you felt about it?
- I felt extremely happy and called my parents to tell me about the outcome.
- They congratulated me on my achievement.
- In the day when I got back home, I saw my parents throw me a surprise party along with my friends, who came to my home to congratulate me in my huge accomplishment.
- All of them understood that it had been a result of a lot of hard work and commitment.
- Seeing all of them made me a little emotional and that I felt overwhelmed.
- All of us danced together for quite a while, my father sang a song too, and we enjoyed those few hours a lot.
- After this we all went to my favourite restaurant to have dinner. We were hungry after all of the dancing.
- We spent around one hour in the restaurant, and all of us ate very tasty dishes.
- After dinner, my friends went home, and I came back with my parents.
- Near the conclusion of the gorgeous day, I discovered that hard work always pays off and that I was moved by the appreciation given to me by my parents and my pals.
- I had finally made my parents proud, and this gave me a feeling of satisfaction.
- I had been looking forward To a new phase of my life, and I knew I would give it my very best shot.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “Talk about a celebration organized after an achievement or describe a situation when you celebrated your achievement”.
1. What are the occasions which are worthy of observing in your nation?
All events are all worthy of observing. Anniversaries, retirements, successes, faculty graduations all have to be celebrated.
2. How can Indian men and women celebrate their family occasions?
Religion is a really major portion of Indian individuals resides. So, most occasions Begin with requesting blessings from God, and it turns to ordinary get together with relatives and friends getting together and sharing meals together. Additionally, there are some traditional cultural practices that are a part of the parties.
3. Is there some difference between how household events are distinguished involving Indians and many different nations?
Yes, there are particular cultural practices that are exceptional to Indian parties. Moreover, I believe there’s less of Drinking in Indian parties as drinking isn’t a large part of our culture.
4. Do you believe it’s necessary to celebrate occasions?
I believe it’s extremely important to celebrate occasions. Not only do Parties offer a chance to get along with friends and family members, but they also break the monotony of life and alleviate the strain of work.
5. Do people favour winning as a group or as a person?
I enjoy both as equally have their own charm. Success brings a feeling of achievement, while still sharing a triumph with teammates, observing it together is a fantastic experience also.
6. Why is it significant for sports lovers to observe when their favourite team wins?
It’s important for lovers to celebrate because that is the only way They could present their happiness and inspire their favourite players to do better and improved.
7. What are the attributes required to achieve success?
I Believe There Are Lots of qualities that can make an Individual successful, However, I feel the main qualities for success have been fire and a fantastic character — I believe the capability to manage failures and reunite. I truly believe somebody now can not succeed without being fire since there are a lot of distractions now, just fire can make us concentrate on something wholeheartedly.
8. Do you feel how people gain achievement has shifted?
Yes, today, Media can create any individual effective overnight. Reality shows such as the Next door a star quite shortly. Earlier, it took ages to acquire success.
Read more cue cards :
- When was the first time you admired the sky or a beautiful sky you enjoyed seeing.
- A Leisure activity that you do with your family.
- Describe a place full of colour.
- Describe an experience when you were with people and you got bored.
- Describe a product made in the region you come from or a popular product from your hometown.