IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
When was the first time you admired the sky or a beautiful sky you enjoyed seeing.
You should say:
What were you doing?
Who was with you?
What you saw?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Model Answer 1
Well, talking about this topic makes me nostalgic, as I must go in the flashback during the golden phase of my childhood days to remember when I admired the sky for the first time. It is extremely difficult for me to recall the exact duration as those were the salad days, I spent almost every night counting twinkling stars at the sky in the night with my kith and kin. Sometimes I used to cherish sky during daytime by imagining a myriad of stories on different shapes of clouds.
Who was with you? and What were you doing?
However, I would like to share one of my gala experiences I had a couple of years ago along with my best buddies on new year’s eve when I was truly mesmerized by the beauty of the sky. Although I am a naturalist or nature lover, in this contemporary era, I hardly get time to observe the sky, perhaps once in a blue moon. So together we planned for a vacation on a hill station, Manali. I vividly remember it was freezing cold that day as it was the last day of December.
Nevertheless, we all were extremely enthusiastic about exploring nature, so we decided to party from dusk till dawn. We stayed a night owl that evening since we wanted to witness the sunrise. Fortunately, our resort had all the arrangements of bonfire, music, including dinner.
What you saw?
We enjoyed that night as if there is no tomorrow, sitting beside campfire, singing, dancing, observing the clear sky, gauging cluster of stars, recalling childhood memories and many more. Indeed, it was a mind-blowing experience.
With the crack of dawn, we all headed to the visitor point to view the sunrise. That area was covered with fog and mist, which slowly subsided when the sun emerged(rose) on the horizon(limit). I was smitten(obsessed) by the spectacular view of sunrise when the first sunray kissed the sky with amazing shades of orange and red.
Indeed I felt on cloud nine that I got the opportunity to witness the magnificence of the air, which otherwise wouldn’t have been possible in the metro life of skyscrapers, layers of pollution and unbearable traffic noise.
Model Answer 2 :
- I love to check at the skies at night and revel in the twinkling stars.
- I’ve been doing this since my childhood.
- But, I don’t vividly remember the first time I admired the sky.
- So, here I would like to chat about time, I remember well, once I admired the sky.
Who was with you?
- Last year, it was my cousin’s wedding in September.
- We had numerous guests that my cousins and I needed to sleep on the patio.
- It was rather nice outside, and we’re pleased with the arrangements of sleeping out.
What were you doing?
- After dinner, we all completed our beddings upstairs and put our beds.
- It was a clear moonlit night, and we can see the stars twinkling brightly.
What you saw?
- We began giving shapes to the star patterns.
- It had been great fun.
- She told me that her geography teacher had told her a whole lot about constellations and the sun and the planets.
- She told us in a really interesting way what the stars can teach us.
- We were really pleased with the way things were taught in her school in America.
- All I recall was mugging up chapters out of my geography book to pass the exams.
- We gazed at the stars and loved the twinkling and tried to figure out some constellations.
- She told me the titles of a few constellations, but unfortunately, I don’t remember them now, as it was over one year when she told me about them.
- There are lots of mythological stories related to celebrities.
- Once, my buddy in college told me that when someone dies, he becomes a celebrity.
- A lot of men and women who have lost their near and dear ones take a look at the stars to find them.
- So this was the period I admired the skies for the first time, I remember.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “when was the first time you admired the sky or a beautiful sky you enjoyed seeing”.
1. Why is it that people like to examine the skies?
People like to research the skies to Observe the changes in the weather. Some See it as an inspiration for artwork such as painting, photography, etc.. It’s also very important to research about skies and space to realize that we’re part of a huge world, which arouses our fascination with what is past the skies. Some people examine it as they consider that planetary movements affect an individual’s fate.
2. Do you understand any story associated with planets?
I really don’t recall anyone narrative. However, I used to browse comics. Additionally, there are many films made about superheroes from different planets, such as PK, Spiderman.
3. Do you believe kids should be told world stories to better their creativity?
Yes, undoubtedly. It’s very important that kids be told stories About other planets. It certainly will help enhance their imagination and creativity, due to the fascination it ignites/creates within their own minds.
4. Can kids be profited from watching celebrities?
Yes, children could be benefited from watching celebrities. They become curious about the world and outer space, which greatly helps boost their imagination and also Might assist them picked it as a career path later on.
5. Would you prefer to see films on planets?
In Reality, I recently observed one movie, PK, in which an alien comes out of the other world to Earth. It’s a really nice and inspirational film, in which this alien personality was utilized very well to depict all of the blind superstitions we follow along. This picture was a blockbuster/super-hit.
6. Would you love to see the skies when you’re young?
Yes, I always liked to see the skies once I was young. I recall that during summer holidays, we had to see our farmhouse and we Used to sleep outdoors, in the start. Constellations, but we used to obtain the night skies with all the twinkling stars really Intriguing and lovely.
Read more cue cards :
- Describe a film you would like to share with your friends.
- Describe a place where you read and write, apart from your home.
- Describe a school you went to in your childhood.
- Talk about a toy you liked in your childhood.
- Describe a person who likes to travel by plane.