The table below shows the salaries of secondary/high school teachers in 2009
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The table below shows the salaries of secondary/high school teachers in 2009.
Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
Model Answer :
The table depicts the income of high school teachers of five nations. the values describe the starting salary and after 15 years’ salary.
Overall, the data in the table reveals that the teachers from Luxembourg as the highest-paid teachers as compared to Australian teachers. On the other hand, Japan holds the first position in years to reach the maximum salary.
To begin with, Luxembourg, teachers received the highest salary at the start of career recorded 80,000, which is almost twice of the other countries. After 15 years, teachers from Luxembourg might get 119,000, and the maximum salary of the teachers in that country is 132,000, but they required 30 years to reach this amount of salary. Coming to Denmark, teachers may receive 54,000 after 15 years, but the maximum salary has remained the same even after 8 years.
Furthermore, with Australia, Japan, and Korea, teachers from Australia and Korea might get 48,000 as a salary after 15 years. However, Korea leads with 14000 in maximum salary from Australia, but Australian teachers get maximum salary within 9 years; on the other hand, teachers from Korea wait for a long time to reach maximum salary. Moreover, Japanese teachers wait for 37 years to reach the maximum salary.