March 2020 latest IELTS essay Questions
1. Some people think that young people should go to university to further their education while others think they should be encouraged to work as car mechanics or builders etc.to serve society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. Some people believe that to give opportunities to the new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree?
3.Nowadays celebrities earn more money than politicians. What are the reasons for this? Is it a positive or negative development?
4. Many people believe that countries should produce food for the whole population and import as little food as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about other countries, but others think that it is not necessary to travel abroad because all the information can be seen on TV and the internet. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Why are some people who leave school early more successful compared with those who complete their studies. Provide reasons why they are more successful and what are the requirements for success?
7. Countries with long average working hours are economically more successful than those countries which do not work long hours. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Many students around the world don’t choose science subjects at university. Give the reasons for this and describe the impact on the community?
9. It is better for young people to get advice from old people than young ones. Do you agree or disagree?
10. Some people think that music plays an important role in society. Others think it is simply a form of entertainment. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
11. Some people think that job satisfaction is more important than job security. Others think that people cannot expect to enjoy a job and that having a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12.Some people say that technologies such as mobile phones are disrupting social interaction. Do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people think history has little or nothing to offer, while others say the study of the past helps us understand the present. Write on both views and give your opinion, citing examples from your experience
14. Some people think that zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However, others think that zoos are useful to protect rare animals. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
15. Some people think that the best way to stay fit is to join a gym/health club while others think doing everyday activities such as walking and climbing stairs is sufficient. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
January 2020 latest IELTS Topics & Questions
3. Many people think that every individual is responsible for their happiness, but some people believe there are other external factors that influence us. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6. Some people believe that women should be treated as equal to men when applying for a job with police or the military. Others think women are less suitable for this kind of job. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people prefer to work in the same type of job throughout their lifetime while others like to change the type of job they do. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some people think that it is fine for professional sportsmen and sportswomen to misbehave on or off the field, as long as they are playing well. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
10. Some people suggest that it is better for children to be brought up by the whole family including uncles, aunts and grandparents, rather than just the parents. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples.
12. Nowadays, people are spending more time away from their homes because they spend longer in their workplace. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages.
14. Many parents complain about violence promoted to their children through video games, TV programs and other media. Why is it happening? What can be the solution for it?
Image : “freepik.com”