You should spend about 40 minutes on IELTS writing task 2.
When choosing a job the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give specific reason and explain them with examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2.
Topic : Job
Type : Opinion Essay
The salary indeed plays an integral part in selecting a career/choosing a job. While I accept that this may be suite to many people, I believe that there are many ones choosing jobs according to other considerations.
On the one hand, there are a variety of reasons / various reasons for considering salary as the most crucial factor. A high-income society guarantees a high standard of life, in which the people can afford their increasing demand for basic human needs and things such as brand new accessories or overseas holidays. Besides, many people set salary as a measure of their working capacity as well as their level in the company. The higher income they receive, the more valuable they are in their prospective employment; therefore, not only the amount of money itself but also made-up reputation makes the salary the most concerning matter in job selection.
On the other hand, an increasing number of people consider other conditions to decide on job movement. The working environment is highlighted in the requirement of many job seekers, especially for people who adore the freedom and outdoor activities. They cannot stand on the job, which requires 8 hours of sitting in front of the computer every day as a bank officer even though this vacancy is offered an extremely competitive salary in the job market. Contribution to society is also a new matter that many people choose. For example, instead of working for a big consulting firm in the city, many of my friends go to rural areas, assisting and improving local enterprises’ performance. They receive a tiny amount of money, but they are happy with their choices because they help to increase the average income of the residents.
In conclusion, it is undoubtedly true that the salary is essential in many people’s job selection, but this is by no means a critical consideration for everybody in making a career decision.
Read more essay like this topic
- Nowadays more and more people have to compete with young people for the same jobs. What problems does this cause? What are some possible solutions?
- Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
- Some people think that students who achieve the best academic results should be rewarded. Others believe it is more important to reward students who show improvement. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?
- Nowadays the way people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?
Image : “unsplash.com”