IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
Two maps below show the changes in the town of Denham from 1986 to the present day.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The given pictures depict the various changes which took place in a town of Denham over 34 years from 1986 to 2020(present).
Overall, it is apparent that the area has witnessed significant changes in the city. Noticeable increment sees in the housing, which indicates a higher population.
To begin with 1986, the town located on the east side of the river. The big area covered by farmland in the south-west side and north-east side of the city. A post office and two shops were located beside the farm to the north side. Seven Houses covered both sides of the road toward the north side near to the bridge. There was a primary school opposite the post office and ahead to the garden.
Furthermore with the present, the bridge over the river stoke still stands as it did in 1986. farmland and shops replaced with houses but post office still on its place. Two large houses constructed in front of the primary school. Additionally, the gardens that were in front of the three large houses have been removed, and houses converted into a retirement home by adding more houses.
Read more related post :
- The table below shows the number of medals won by the top ten countries in the London 2012 Olympic games.
- The diagram illustrates how steel rods are manufactured in the furniture industry.
- The graph below shows how elderly people in the united states spent their free time between 1980 and 2010
- The diagram below shows the process of manufacturing ceramic pots