IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The line graph illustrates the total oil consumption of four different countries between 2009 and 2030
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The line chart depicts the numbers for oil use in four nations, the US, China, the Middle East and Western Europe and Japan over a period of 21 years from 2009 to 2030.
Overall, it is apparent that the US consumes most of the oil in first six years, but it is expected that oil consumption will be decreased in the coming years, while the Middle East and China are predicted to increase.
To begin with, the United State, consumption recorded below than ten million in first six years from 2009 to 2015 but it is predicted that the consumption of oil Neill be decreased to just over 4 million in 2030. Coming to Western Europe and Japan. This nation also follows a similar trend as the US. I mean to say, the numbers began from 4 million barrels a day in 2009, but in the coming years, the numbers will have dwindled to 2 million.
Furthermore, with China and the Middle East. Both countries started and end with the same points, amounting for below than 2 million barrels per day in 2009, will be about 3 million in 2030 but in between time China consume a bit more oil than the Middle East
Read More bar graph :
- The graph below shows the percentage of dependents in 2000 and the predicted figures in 2050 in five countries, and also gives the world average.
- The chart shows the information relating to people within 15-minute drive service in a particular region in UK. It also compares the people living in urban areas and people living in rural areas.
- The graph below shows the percentage of adults according to age and gender who do not do any physical activity in Australia.
- The chart below shows information about the challenges people face when they go to live in other countries.
- The graph below shows the cinema attendance of people on different days of the week in 2003, 2005 and 2007.