The graphs indicate the source of complaints about the bank of America

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1

The graphs indicate the source of complaints about the bank of America and the amount of time it takes to have the complaints resolved.

Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant.

Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:

  • You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
  • You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
  • If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.

In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:

  • Organise, present and possibly compare data.
  • Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
  • Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
  • Explain how something works.

Model Answer :

The given charts illustrate the same information but in the different form about the bank of America. The pie graph shows the source of complaints, while the second chart depicts the average time which was taken by the bank to solve the complaints.

Overall, it is apparent that the highest number of complaints against the bank of America registered by the public while the bank took an approximate five months to investigate and solve the problem.

To begin with the first figure, 63% of all complaints against the bank originated by the public while the remaining 37% filed by another six sectors. Insurance companies, Government agencies and out of states complaints was amounting to 8%, 11% and 10% respectively while the media, bank employees and other lies between 1% to 3%.

Furthermore, with the bar chart, highest time is taken in 2001 to solve the complaints a month higher than that of previous years, but it dwindled to 4 months in 2002 and fluctuate near about the same time in next two years. So the average time to solve the complaints varies from 4 to 5 months.

Read more related post

Our Editorial Staff at IELTS Rewind provides exclusive tips, tricks, and IELTS material to help enhance your band score. They are an integral part of our team, dedicated to your IELTS success.

Leave a Comment

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp