IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The graph below shows the percentage of people in different age groups in one city who attended music concerts between 2010 and 2015.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The line chart depicts the numbers of different age group people attended a music concert over five years from 2010 to 2015.
Overall, it is apparent that except for one age group, all age groups showed increasing trends.
The highest proportion of 45 to 54 age group people went to the concert in 2010. 40 % of people of 16 to 44 ages attended the show, and the rest of the age group people recorded below 30% in the same year. 45 to 54 age group percentage dwindled to 40% in the next year before inclining to and closed at 53% at the end.
Furthermore, the proportion of people from the 25 to 44 age group reached 30% in 2013 but again increased by 19% in the last year. The interest of 55 to 75 age group people was the same amounting to about 20% in 2015. Maximum people of 16 to 24 age group people went to the concert in the last year.
Read More :
- The chart below shows the results of a survey about people’s coffee and tea buying and drinking habits in five Australian cities
- The graph shows Underground Station Passenger Numbers in London
- the charts below show the main methods of transportation for people travelling to one university for work or study in 2004 and 2009
- The chart compares the number of people per household by percentage in the UK in 1981 and 2001
- The diagrams below give information about the manufacture of frozen fish pies