IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The diagram below shows the process of manufacturing ceramic pots.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
The given diagram illustrates the various stages of ceramic pots manufacturing.
Overall, the making of ceramic pots involves ten steps, beginning from collecting raw material and end with fishing pots.
The process begins with digging up raw materials by a digger, and then they are delivered to a factory. After that in the factory, the raw clay crushed twice to become finer clay, and then it is sent to a tank where it is mixed with water. In the next step, moistened/wet clay is pumped into moulds and is left in those moulds for 4 to 6 hours to fix them into their final shape.
They are then placed in an oven and heated to over woo degrees Celsius. Following this, pots are coloured, and the pots are then fired for the second time in another kiln to sets the paint pigments in place and make them ready for the sale.