Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school
You should spend about 40 minutes on IELTS writing task 2.
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
Give specific reason and explain them with examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2.
Table of Contents
Topic : Education
Type : Advantages or disadvantages
Model answer :
Learning a language is indeed a lengthy process. Hence, teaching a foreign language at middle school than at secondary school is preferable. The advantages of this idea outstripped its demerits.
To get started, there are several benefits to teaching children an early age a foreign language. First of all, with strong grasping capacity, children have a responsive mind. This age is the stage of lives studying. Something experienced in childhood can be remembered in life longer. In turn, children are less arrogant and are not afraid to make a learning error. Because mistakes are the foundations of success when practising constantly, they should reach a reasonable level of expression. A language is certainly made up of various dialects, grammar rules, intonations, dictionary meaning, syntax functions, and style. A child can possess uncompromising linguistic skills by practising these. Secondly, in this modern scenario, everyone is in a mad race to fly board and possession of foreign language equips them for easy survival communication. In addition, polished language skills have become a necessity for the hour of competition in the cutthroat world.
But it’s also a fact which going to school, doing assignments, participating in extra-curricular activities is a moment-consuming activity for students themselves. If they are subjected to daily language teaching sessions that will pressurize them and cause psychological illness, this kind of stress will hamper their physical, psychological and mental development.
In conclusion, while teaching the second language may worsen their extant burden, preparation the young mind for further survival by imparting linguistic skills has become compulsory.
Vocabulary (Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school) :
- grasping – avaricious; greedy.
- Ex. they were regarded as grasping landlords
- arrogant – having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one’s own importance or abilities.
- Ex. he’s arrogant and opinionated
- linguistic – relating to language or linguistics.
- Ex. a child’s linguistic ability
- cutthroat – (of a competitive situation or activity) fierce and intense; involving the use of ruthless measures.
- Ex. the cut-throat world of fashion
- hamper – hinder or impede the movement or progress of.
- Ex. their work is hampered by lack of funds
Read more related Essay :
- Country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out
- Every year several languages die out
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
Image : “unsplash.com”