You should spend about 40 minutes on IELTS writing task 2.
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?
Give specific reason and explain them with examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2.
Topic : Technology
Type : Double questions
Technology is expanding in every field, and connectivity will be no exception. Nonetheless, due to its other pitfalls that cause discussion on its positive and negative effects, this enormous shift in the ways of interaction cannot be regarded as fruitful straight away.
One of the essential advantages of focusing on in terms of positive development is that technology makes connectivity simpler and more convenient. Because of recent events such as Skype, video conferencing, Whatsapp, and social networking sites, such as Face book, people are hardly a click away from the nears and dears. To a great extent, these advances have made us social. Second, there are enormous opportunities for letters and telephone calls to be sent and for requests to be made. Customers used to be on the S.T.D and I.S.D booth in long queues, but now mobile phones and sophisticated gizmos make it easier for everyone to communicate openly.
On the other hand, certain disadvantages cannot be overlooked as people of today not only spend a long time using computers but also do not want to meet their relatives and friends face-to-face, leading to a fading relationship. One of my school friends, for example, visited me personally on various occasions, such as at a festival and birthdays. Still, nowadays, she sends messages to welcome me and sends salutations to my post. Even most members of the family suffer from asphyxia, which is an unusual illness that flares. For imitating relationships, this is a troubling question.
To recap, despite numerous disadvantages, nobody can afford to tackle this ever-fast digital technology that has to make our lives easier.
- exception – a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule.
- Ex. he always plays top tunes, and tonight was no exception
- enormous – very large in size, quantity, or extent.
- Ex. enormous sums of money
- shift – change the emphasis, direction, or focus of.
- Ex. she’s shifting the blame on to me
- fruitful – producing good or helpful results; productive.
- Ex. memoirs can be a fruitful source of information
- sophisticated – having, revealing, or involving a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.
- gizmos – a gadget, especially one whose name the speaker does not know or cannot recall.
- Ex.the latest multimedia gizmo
- asphyxia – a condition arising when the body is deprived of oxygen, causing unconsciousness or death; suffocation.
- flares – a gradual widening in shape, especially towards the hem of a garment.
Read more related Essay :
- Country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out
- Every year several languages die out
Image : “unsplash.com”