You should spend about 40 minutes on IELTS writing task 2.
Nowadays the way people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make?
Has this become a positive or negative development?
Give specific reason and explain them with examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2.
Topic : Technology
Type : Double question
Model Answer :
Modern advancements have altered the way we communicate with one another. This essay will discuss how we can now form bonds with people all over the world, and then state that on the whole, this is a very welcome development.
For the first time in human history, people can communicate with someone they have never met before, in a country they have never been to, through the internet. These may not be the same kind of friendships we traditionally form face-to-face, but it is hard to dispute that they are not ‘relationships’. Social media, such as Facebook and Instagram, provide a platform that allows us to chat and comment on someone else’s life instantaneously. For example, there are now IELTS groups on Facebook where students can help and support each other by providing helpful resources and feedback on essays.
Overall, this new phenomenon has great benefits, principally encouraging tolerance of other cultures. Before computers we hardly ever came across someone from another culture, let alone people from a myriad of different places in one Facebook group. This has led to people understanding that we are all mostly the same and you should not judge someone because they were born in a different place. For example, thousands of Palestinians and Israelis have joined the same online groups that show support for peace and solidarity, something that would not have been possible 25 years ago.
In conclusion, the web has changed our interactions forever, making the world a global village where people can freely chat and form lasting connections and this essay only sees this as a good thing that will continue to bring citizens of the world together.
Read more essay like this topic
- Nowadays more and more people have to compete with young people for the same jobs. What problems does this cause? What are some possible solutions?
- Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
- Some people think that students who achieve the best academic results should be rewarded. Others believe it is more important to reward students who show improvement. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?
- Do you agree that the advantages cars bring outweigh the disadvantages?
Image : “unsplash.com”