You should spend about 40 minutes on IELTS writing task 2.
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships that people make?
Has this been a positive or negative development?
Give specific reason and explain them with examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2.
Topic : Technology
Type : Double Question
In the world nowadays, the behavior of people with their partners has altered since the light of the proliferation of technology. There are a variety of ways that the use of technical devices has influenced personal relationships, and I believe that the benefits of this change outweigh the drawbacks.
The two main effects on friendships, which can be seen, are how people show their emotions and how they contact each other. Firstly, by reading the statuses written on social networks, teenagers can update their friends’ situation every day. Many people choose to talk to their partners through the assistance of video calls instead of going to restaurants or café to save time and money. Secondly, should a person install social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and apps like that, he can illustrate his feeling, which may be unreal on the statuses and pictures of his friends. This is why close relationships have declined; by contrast, losing touch with distant friends is not necessarily an unfavorable issue.
The adjustment of the way that people interact is beneficial based on two key reasons. First, the use of handheld devices increasing significantly in recent years helps users get in touch more efficiently and faster with their companions than in approximately three decades ago. For example, while it took about at least one week to deliver the letters of a temper in the past, current residents can receive the vital messages immediately in a few seconds. Furthermore, the social relations of every individual are expanding day by day. Residents nowadays establish quickly a relationship with a foreigner who is living in another country.
In conclusion, there are some changes in relationships towards eschewing traditional communication methods like letters in favor of modern gadgets, and I am firm in my belief that this improvement is convenient for people in some aspects.
Read more essay like this topic
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- People should follow the customs and traditions when people start to live in a new country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we needmusic? Is the traditional music of a country more important than theinternational music that is heard everywhere nowadays?
- Many people choose to work or live abroad because of the higher standards of living they can find outside their home country. Do you think this brings more advantages or disadvantages to the people who follow this path?
- Some people think that it is best to live in a horizontal city while others think of a vertical city. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Image : “unsplash.com”