IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a situation or a time when you helped someone.
You should say:
What the situation was?
Who the person was?
How you helped them?
Explain how your felt after helping them?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Model answer :
- Man is a social creature.
- We all have to give and receive help from others repeatedly.
What the situation was? and Who the person was?
- Here, I am going to talk about a situation when I assisted an accident victim.
- It so happened I was likely to Ludhiana last month to attend a wedding.
- On the way, there’s a gas pump.
- We saw a lady was lying on the side, and there was lots of blood from her head.
- This accident had just happened 2 minutes before.
- Her husband was on a scooter, and as they had been coming from the petrol pump, a speeding car struck them and sped away.
How you helped them?
- We parked our car on the side and came out to see if we could help.
- Her husband had minor injuries, but she had been in a poor form.
- We immediately called 108 to get help.
- It is the range of the free ambulance run by the authorities.
- Within fifteen minutes, the ambulance was there.
- We did not move the woman because it could aggravate her injury.
- She was breathing correctly but had a lot of pain.
- There has been a first support team led by a doctor in the ambulance.
- The ambulance folks chose her very attentively on a stretcher and immediately hurried her into Phillaur Civil Hospital.
- We took the number of other relatives of the individual from her husband and called them.
- Actually, he was also quite shocked because of his wife’s condition.
- We took him to the Phillaur hospital in our car.
- Only after they were settled, we moved on.
Explain how your felt after helping them? and Conclusion :
- We’re late for the wedding, but we were happy we could help some needy men and women.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “describe a situation or a time when you helped someone”.
1. Would you enjoy helping others?
Yes, I enjoy helping others. I’m really happy when I could be of any help to anybody. Whenever any Individual comes to me for assistance, I really do my best to assist that individual.
2. In your opinion, should children be educated to assist others?
Yes, pupils ought to be educated to assist others. They ought to Be forced to understand that if now they’ll help other people, then tomorrow they’ll get help when they want assistance.
3. How do we encourage kids to assist others?
We can encourage kids to assist others by setting a good example. If They see their elders helping others, they’ll automatically learn how to help others.
4. Do you believe people are less prepared to assist others nowadays in contrast to yesteryear?
Yes, I presume so. Now’s life is extremely fast. Individuals have become workaholics. They’ve become self-reliant. They’ve no opportunity to assist others.
5. Can people trust others just as far as they used to previously?
No, I don’t believe so. My grandparents and parents tell me that existence was slower and simpler previously. These days, it’s extremely tough to locate individuals whom you can trust.
6. How can people in your neighborhood assist one another?
Folks in my community assist each other in whatever manner they could. Some folks help by providing money, and a few people today assist by devoting their time.
7. How can pupils like high school pupils help each other?
Pupils help each other by sharing notes. Some aid each other by Sharing their conveyance.
8. How do charitable organizations assist individuals?
Charitable organizations assist people in a lot of ways. They assist by giving cash or by teaching individuals some abilities that could enable them to make a livelihood. By way of instance, they open totally free sewing schools and completely free computer education centers.
9. What are a few examples of such arrangements in your own country?
Being humane is one business run by Salman Khan. Then you will find the Jaycees, The Lions, and the Rotary club.
10. What do you believe are the advantages of having outstanding volunteer workers?
There are numerous advantages to owning unpaid volunteer employees. Even With hardly any amount of funds, a lot of individuals can be assisted.
11. How do you believe the volunteers themselves advantage?
Volunteers themselves advantage in a lot of ways. If now they Help at no cost, then they could find a paid job out of precisely the exact same network. Additionally, they will find a chance to sharpen their functional skills.