You should spend about 40 minutes on IELTS writing task 2.
Developing countries like Bangladesh should concentrate more on industrial development, instead of agriculture, to achieve better development.
Do you agree or disagree?
Give specific reason and explain them with examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2.
Topic : Developing countries
Type : Opinion Essay
Model Answer (disagree)
Developing nations have a high potential to accelerate their progress, and they would like to achieve it quicker. Though there is no hard and fast rule that a nation can develop if it targets expanding industries instead of agriculture, I believe that a developing country like Bangladesh needs to possess a well-conceived industrialization strategy like India, China, or Hong Kong to become a developed country.
Agriculture, without a doubt, is a significant sector for a country like Bangladesh, where more than 70% of people rely on this industry. Nevertheless, it is undeniable that agriculture, particularly in this era of the electronic world, cannot enlist a country as an advanced state. The industrial revolution in the world has taught us that manual labor and agricultural goods cannot alone enhance the economic state of a nation overnight. A country must have an export-oriented business or good industrial heart point to advance and compete with the wealthy nations. For instance, a weak state must export several thousand tonnes of grains to import only a couple of several machines. This disparity will continue improving if the nation cannot become industrially adequate. Asian economy has already shifted from farming and fishing to industrialization without a developing nation can further advance without following the same pathway.
While agricultural development should not be ignored, especially in countries like Bangladesh, industrialization should get more priority. Diversifying the agricultural products and exports is fantastic energy for an agricultural-based nation, but this takes a long way to reach the top, and with the revolution and rapid expansion of the industrial world, this has gotten quite challenging in a sensible world.
To conclude, an agriculture-dependent nation like Bangladesh should make an effort and diversify its agricultural sector for becoming self-sufficient in its food supply but must have a long-term industrial plan to grow further.
Topic Related Vocabulary
adequate : enough or satisfactory for a particular purpose
He didn’t have adequate time to prepare for the exam.
diversify : to start to include more different types or things
Millions of years ago, changes in the earth’s climate caused animal and plant life to diversify.
Read more essay like this topic
- People should follow the customs and traditions when people start to live in a new country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we needmusic? Is the traditional music of a country more important than theinternational music that is heard everywhere nowadays?
- Many people choose to work or live abroad because of the higher standards of living they can find outside their home country. Do you think this brings more advantages or disadvantages to the people who follow this path?
- Some people think that it is best to live in a horizontal city while others think of a vertical city. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships that people make? Has this been a positive or negative development?
Image : “unsplash.com”
Vocabulary : “dictionary.cambridge.org”