IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card
Describe a piece of international news you have just recently heard.
You should say
What the news is about?
Where and when you heard it?
What you were doing when you heard the news?
Explain it how you felt about this piece of international news?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
- The news means reporting current events, usually by local, national or international, or mass media in newspapers, television and radio programs, or sites on the World Wide Web.
What is the news about?
- Today I am going to talk about the News of US President Donald Trump.
- His account was blocked on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for some reason a few days ago. However, now, he returned to Twitter on Thursday.
Where and when you heard it?
- I heard about this news last night on the internet.
- Honestly speaking, I would not say I like Donald Trump because he creates much disturbance in the US by posting rule-breaking tweets.
- Technological companies have been scrambling to crack down on the president’s baseless claims about the November 3 US presidential election after hundreds of Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol in unrest that resulted in four deaths.
What were you doing when you heard the news?
- I was reading current affairs on the internet when I read this news. After reading this headline, I opened a proper website to know the information in detail.
Explain how you felt about this piece of international news?
- I felt very bad because his efforts incited violence in the US capital, and many innocent people lost their lives in it.
- I did not believe that how a person does it.
- I mean to say harm those people who made him president by giving their precious votes to him a few years back.
Model Answer 2:
- Since March of last year, we have been following the news very closely, especially related to COVID 19.
- Initially, it was about the spread of the coronavirus in China, and it was beginning to spread to other countries.
- This was followed by an increasing number of infections and people who suffered or died because of COVID.
- The words like a pandemic, social distancing, and lockdown, which were never heard of became common in every house.
What was the news about?
- During the last quarter of 2020, the good news about the vaccine was heard, but people were not sure whether it would work or not.
Where and when you heard it? and What you were doing when you heard it?
- Finally, in the first week of December, sitting at home I heard the best International news on WION Channel.
- The news was about the vaccine; in fact, now we have various vaccines that are approved for common use.
Explain how you feel about this news?
- It was a big relief as once everyone gets vaccinated, I can resume a normal life, go to work, and meet my friends and relatives.
- This news affects not only me but everyone around the globe.
- I now feel I do not have to worry about the safety of my parents and grandparents, and it will not be long before normalcy would return.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “describe a piece of international news you have just recently heard”.
We will update it soon.
Some cue-cards you may like :
- Describe a country where you would like to work for a short time
- Describe a time when you forgot something important
- Describe an old object which your family has kept for a long time
- Describe a time when you felt awkward
- Talk about a happiest person that you know
Photo by Obi Onyeador on Unsplash