IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
The charts below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients, all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much.
Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant.
Things you should know about Academic Writing Task 1:
- You are asked to describe information presented in graph/ table/ chart/ diagram.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you have to write at least 150 words.
- If you are asked to use the information presented in the graph you must be careful not to copy it.
In Academic Writing task 1, candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- Organise, present and possibly compare data.
- Describe the stages of a process or procedure.
- Describe an object or event or sequence of events.
- Explain how something works.
Model Answer :
The pie charts depict the percentage of sodium, saturated fats, and added sugar in daily meals, which are consumed by Americans.
Overall, it is clear that Americans consume lunch and dinner, which is rich in sodium and saturated fat, whereas their snacks contain a large portion of added sugar.
To begin with breakfast, citizens consume these nutrients ranging from 14 percent to 16 percent in the morning time. The ratio of sodium, saturated fat and sugar increase during lunchtime amounting for 29%, z6%, and 19% respectively. Most of the Americans eat the maximum amount of added sugar in snacks as compare to other nutrients which are recorded as 14 percent and 21 percent.
Furthermore, with dinner, citizens consume 43 percent sodium in dinner, which is about double of the sugar and 6 percent more than saturated fat.
Read more related post :
- The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain
- The table below shows the salaries of secondary/high school teachers in 2009